|Name||Designation||Phone (O)||Phone (R)||email id|
|Dr. N. Taipodiya||District AHV & DD Officer||03804-222265||03804-222220||distvetlohit[at]gmail.com|
Animal Husbandry is an important sector of economic growth in India and rearing livestock directly influence the socio- economic status of rural poor, more particularly the tribal population of the country. As it act as an insurance coverage for the down trodden and socially weaker sections of the society.
In A.P. the livestock production and agriculture are inter linked and both are crucial for the food security of the people. Livestock sector plays an important and vital role in providing nutritive food rich in animal protein, in supplementing family income & generating gainful employment in the rural sector particularly among the landless, small, marginal farmers and women and thus acts as a dependable source of income in time of needs. With increase in human population the demand for livestock production is ever increasing.
Arunachal Pradesh “The Land of Down Lit Mountain” stands like the sentinel in North Eastern most tip of Indian Union is proud to be the homeland of highest Mithun population in the country. It is laden with a verities of natural fodders conducive for rearing of livestock’s and can be harnessed for commercial rearing of livestock and poultry industry.
In Lohit district livestock sector plays an important and vital role in providing nutritive rich animal protein food, in supplementing family income and above all plays an important role in socio – religious obligation of the tribal populace.
Veterinary Institution of Lohit District:-
- Veterinary Dispensary – Tezu, Wakro, Sunpura and Bhekuliang.
- Veterinary Aid Centre – Medo, Paya, Changliang, Kamlang, Parsuramkund, Tellai, Jeko, Old sunpura, Gohain Gaon and Dimmwe
- Cattle Up – Grading Centre – Tindolong, Danglat, Tafragam, Loiliang and Wakro
- Farm –
- Govt. Goat Farm – Mekailiang.
- District Poultry Farm – Tezu.
- Regional Exotic Pig Breeding Farm – Loiliang
- Hatchery and Feed Mixing Plant – Tezu and Loiliang.
- Gokul Gram – Mekailiang
The Deptt. Of AHV & DD Lohit is implementing beneficiary oriented scheme under RKVY (CSS) and State plan with an objective to enhance income of rural farmers and give gainfull employment generation opportunity. The schemes are :-
- Free Treatment/ Castration /Distribution of veterinary medicines & Regular periodic vaccination.
- Encouragement in Piggery/ Dairy/ Poultry rearing among the Livestock farmers by organising Awareness Camp, Fertility Camps & Jan sunvai (Administration at your door step)
- Insurance of Livestock
- Artificial Insemination.
- Skill Development :- Exposure visit to various states of India by farmers of Lohit Dist. to get first hand knowledge of commercial Livestock rearing.
Projects :- Dairy Plant, Tezu under IDDP is coming up. Under this project :-
- CM’s White Revolution (Loan Linked Scheme) :- Under this scheme 50% capital subsidy will be provided upto Rs 3 lacs through Apex Bank and 40% Bank Loan and 10% margin money ( Unit cost of Rs 8 lakhs) with an objective to give boost to the milk production through organised Dairy Co – operative society.
- Rastriya Gokul Mission (RGM) :- Establisment of Lohit Gokul Gram for creation of Indigenous gene pool of Sahiwal, Tharpakar, Red Sindhi etc thereby improving milk production and draught power.
The overall objective of the project / Scheme is aimed to boost Milk production in one of the potential district of Lohit district to create a White Revolution in Arunachal Pradesh