District Agriculture Office
|Name||Designation||Phone (O)||Phone (R)||email id|
|Shri D. Barman||DDA||03804 – 222232||03804 – 222249|
Lohit District is geographically located in between 95[degree] – 45’ –96[degree] – 45’ East longitude and 27[degree]- 30’ and 28[degree] -25’ North Latitude.
The district is comprises of mountains and rugged hills in Wakro Circle and foot hills/ Plain areas in other Circles like Medo, Sunpura, Tezu.
There is vast flat land for WRC at Sunpura, Medo, Loiliang and Tafragam areas of Tezu Circles.
Due to non availability of assured irrigation facility in Tezu Circle the WRC Plots are very much limited for which the local farmers had to depend on rain – water for paddy cultivation.
The soil of the region are basically sandy loam and they are acidic in reaction (PH ranges from 4.5 to 5.5). The main Agriculture Crops grown during Kharif are Paddy, Maize, Millets, Ginger, Turmeric, Soya bean, Sesamum, Black gram, Moong, local pulses, Summer Vegetables, Buck Wheat and during Winter are Rabi Maize, Mustard, Potato, Wheat, Winter Vegetables, etc.
ADMINISTRATIVE SET UP
|Name of Administrative Circle||Name of ADO, Circle|
The Agriculture Department of Lohit District (A. P.) has undertaken the following activities as per annual allocation
STATE PLAN SCHEME
- Cash Crop Development Programme :- Under this programme the seeds of commercially important crops are distributed to the farmers on subsidy.
- State Food Security Programme :- Under this programme the farmers are assisted by distribution of quality paddy seeds on subsidy.
- Integrated Nutrient Management (Organic Agriculture) Programme: – Under this programme the farmers are encouraged and assisted by providing organic fertilizers (vermin compost, Annapurna etc) on 50% subsidy.
- Integrated Pest Management Programme :- Under this programme the farmers are assisted by distribution of plant protection chemicals along with bio – pesticides and Weedicides for integration of all the Pest control measures on subsidy.
- Chief Ministers Farm Mechanization Programme :- This is newly launched programmes where the farmers are assisted by distribution of Agriculture farm machinery clubbing with Govt. assistance under NFSM Programme.
- Power Tiller
- Paddy De-husking Machine
- Pumping Set
- Rotary tiller
- Sugar cane crusher
- Power Sprayer
- Chief Minister Mission Mode Project on Plantation crop
- Tea Plantation : The State Govt. is targeting the educated unemployed youth and progressive farmers of the State to undertake Tea cultivation by giving technical support, planting materials and financial assistance in the form of subsidy.
- Rubber Plantation : The State Govt. is targeting the educated unemployed youth and progressive farmers of the State to undertake Rubber cultivation by giving technical support and Planting material and financial assistance in the form of subsidy.
CENTRALLY SPONSORED SCHEME (CSS)
The following centrally sponsored schemes/ programme are being implemented by the DDA, Lohit.
- Rashtriya Krishi Vikash Yojana (RKVY)
- National Food Security Mission
NFSM – Pulses
Coarse Cereal crops
- National Mission on Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA): NMSA is a newly launched scheme designed by converging all agriculture schemes. Special emphasize were given on Soil and Water Conservation, Water use efficiency, Soil health management and rainfed area development. The focus of this programme is to infuse judicious use of resources of commons through community based approach.
- Agriculture Technology Management Agency (ATMA).
- National Mission on Oil Seed and Oil Palm Production (NMOOP)
- Agriculture Census and EARAS Programme.
- Agriculture Employment Generation Programme.
FARMER WELFARE ACTIVITIES UNDERTAKEN BY AGRICULTURE DEPARTMENT DURING THE YEAR 2017-18 IN LOHIT DISTRICT, ARUNACHAL PRADESH
|SL No.||Name of Programme/ Scheme||Description of Programme/ Scheme|
|1||National Food Security Mission (NFSM)||Govt. assistance on seeds of Paddy, Pulses and coarse cereals with demonstrations|
|2||National Mission on Oilseed and Oil Palm ( NMOOP)||Assistance on seeds of Mustard, Soyabean and Sesamum|
|3||Rastriya Krishi Vikash Yojana (RKVY)||Assistance on cash crop farming, area expansion and to provide infrastructure for wayside market shed|
|4||National Mission on Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA)||Assistance on integrated farming system on cluster approach|
|5||Paramparagath Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY)||Promotion of organic farming on cluster approach|
|6||Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY)||To provide micro irrigation with motto “ Har Khet ko paani”|
|7||Sub Mission on Agriculture Mechanization ( SMAM) programme||Assistance to farmers on purchase of Agriculture farm machineries and to conduct technical level training courses at North Eastern Region Farm Machinery Training & Testing Institute, Biswanath Chariali (Tezpur), GOI Institute.|
|8||Mission organic value chain development programme (MVCD)||To promote organic farming especially in NE region|
|9||Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)||To provide insurance coverage at all stages of crop.|
|10||Agricultural Technology Management Agency (ATMA)||To provide technical support to farmers through extension services and field programmes covering Agri and Allied sectors like Agriculture, Horticulture, AH & Vety, Fishery, Textile and Handycraft etc.|
|11||Agriculture employment generation programme (AEGP)||To assist educated unemployed youths to take up integrated farming system and assistance on market linkage|
|12||Chief Minister Mission mode project on Tea and Rubber plantation (CMMMPT&R)||To provide assistance on plantation of Tea and Rubber|
|13||Chief Ministers Agriculture Mechanisation programme (CMAMP)||Govt. assistance on purchase of Agriculture Machineries like Tractor, Power tiller, PDM, Water pump set etc|
|14||State Annual Development Agenda (SADA)||To provide subsidy on the seeds and to promote cash crop production through INM and IPM|
|15||Establishment of Agency for reporting Agriculture Statistics (EARAS)||Deals in Agriculture census and Land use survey with crop cutting survey for formulating Agricultural development programmes.|
|16||Soil Health Card and Soil health management||Soil sample collection and testing for soil mapping|