WATER RESOURCES DIVISION
Water Resources Division, Tezu started its functioning since 17th October 2006 renaming from Irrigation & Flood Control Department vide Govt. order No. GA/(A)-25/98 dated Itanagar, the 17th October 2006 after trifurcation of Rural Works Department with working jurisdiction, from inter – state border area from Assam to international border upto China, of Lohit District. This Department/Division is entrusted with major development works under as the following heads:
- Water resources management, survey and investigation of water resources in the state and planning for its utilization.
- Construction, operation and maintenance of major, medium and minor irrigation works.
- Flood management and construction of flood protection works and maintenance thereof including river training works.
- Command area development and related works.
- Land protection for agriculture, farm lands, drainage and reclamation measures.
- Watershed management, rivers rejuvenation, soil and water conservation measures.
- Construction of buildings of the department and approach roads to irrigation sites and agriculture farm roads.
- Establishment participatory organizations in Irrigation management with particular reference to Command Area Development.
- Exploitation of ground water irrigation, acquisition and development of pump sets, drilling machines, rigs for irrigation purposes and spring development.
- Pricing of irrigation water, evaluation of mechanism for self managed command area.
- Matters related to Arunachal Pradesh Water Resources Regulatory Authority (APWRRA).
- Matters related to River Basin Management (RBM) and other ancillary activities.
- Deposit works.
- Implementation of multipurpose Projects enabling dovetailing of Power Generation, Tourism, Fisheries, Irrigation and Water conservation etc. and construction of hydraulic structure for navigation and inland water transport.
- All CSS matters pertaining to the Department.